YES, you are in the right place! I did a little interior decorating and streamlined the page a little. You like? I like.
If you’re reading this, congratulations! That mean the world didn’t end after all! Of course, it’s only Friday MORNING, so I guess we’re not out of the woods yet.
Still, to bring you a moment of good cheer in the the midst of your Apocalyptic despair, I’m happy to present my list of things that stirred my gray matter and fluttered my heart this week.
- First, read yours truly’s Desert Island Beauty experiment at The Peach.
- My red-hot love affair with Taylor Swift continues. I’m having a moment with the “I Knew You Were Trouble” video. Except…what is she talking about in the beginning? And doesn’t the dance scene in this video remind you of the dance/orgy from that Matrix movie? Whatevs. This song is catchy as f*ck.
- Continuing with the videos, here is the amazing Caitlin Doughty of the Order of the Good Death and Ask a Mortician explaining why it’s so important to talk to your kids about death.
- In light of last week’s horrific shooting, we’re starting to have a meaningful conversation about gun control in this country. I found this New Yorker article discussing the history of the 2nd amendment to be really helpful.
- Mandy Stadtmiller wrote this lovely piece about the love of a pet. As a crazy cat-lady, I understand.
- Friends, France passed some sweet birth control legislation, and no one freaked out!
- I had a girlfriend over for pizza and juice wine (stayin’ classy!) a few nights ago, and we re-watched Clueless. The more time passes, the more I love this movie. I had a Grand Realization about midway through where I realized that I’ve pretty much spent my entire life trying to become Cher Horowitz and date Paul Rudd.
- Do yourself a favor and check out Swim Atlantic. If you’re local, they’ll be playing the Ash Street next Wednesday (26th). These boys are revolutionizing harmony pop and you want to be along for the ride. Don’t believe me? Wanna hear a sample of their stuff? BAM. They’re also on iTunes. Oh, full disclosure, the bass player is my boyfriend. I KNOW, even better!
- Best of all, I FINALLY got my little (ha!) butt in gear and got this site a Facebook page. So get on over there and Like Like Like!
- I’m also on Pinterest!
That’s it, friends! Now let’s party like its the end of the world!